Pitta Pacifying Diet should include Sweet, Bitter and Astringent tastes as they are good for Pitta reduction. Sour, Salty and Pungent tasting foods are to be avoided or consumed in moderation. A balanced diet should include all the tastes. In addition to what to eat, one has to pay attention to how much and when to eat too. Follow the “ayurvedic dinacharya’ or a ‘recommended daily routine’ for best results.
– eat your biggest meal during the Pitta cycle which is between 10 am – 2 pm
– dinner should be before 7 pm at least 3 hours before bedtime
– avoid snacking between meals
– eat fruits 1 hour before or after meals
– drink enough water, about 7-8 glasses a day, not with meals. Unless you are sweating it out, drinking too much water over the recommendation does not provide any additional benefit.
Caution : These recommendations are not a substitute for medical advice. Please consult your doctor or medical advisor before adding or deleting an item from your diet. Remember, diet is only a part of Dosha balancing and has to be complemented with Lifestyle adjustments and Detox or medications to get the full benefit.
copyright ©Shail Guggali