Ayurvedic Healing : Ayurveda is a 4000 year old medical science from India which suggests holistic ways to lead a healthy life. It emphasizes on 3 pillars of health, viz.,
- Ahaar or correct diet
- Vihaar or correct lifestyle, which includes daily routine, exercise, yoga and meditation
- Aushadhi or herbs to aid in healthy living which includes preventative medicine, herbs for beauty care, etc.
All recommendations are based on the constitution of a person which is described in terms of “doshas”. There are 3 types of doshas and the relative prominence of each of the 3 doshas in an individual determines their body constitution or type. The 3 doshas are – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The concept of doshas has been explained in the various posts under ‘Articles’.
Herbal Mystique offers unique fusion Ayurveda products which present ayurvedic herbs and oils in easy and convenient to use forms more suitable to the western lifestyle.
Ayurvedic Skin and Hair Care :Ayurveda recommends the use of different herbs for different conditions.
- Haldi or Turmeric is a good antiseptic and helps in faster skin healing hence is good for acne prone and combination skin
- Jaswand or Hibiscus has hair root strengthening properties
- Neem is an excellent anti-fungal and anti-bacterial which makes it ideal for acne and dandruff
- Gotu kola increase collagen synthesis and improves tensile strength of the skin which makes it an excellent natural anti-aging agent
- Kumari or Aloe vera is nourishing, moisturizing and soothing and hence is a good base for all leave on products
The number of herbs available to choose from is huge. Herbal Mystique has a team of Ayurvedic scientists who are continuously experimenting to bring to you the best combination of herbs that will suit your requirements.
Ayurvedic Therapies for good health :Prevention is better than cure and the earlier we start the better prepared we would be. Many of our common problems such as cough, cold, congestion, head ache due to congestion, slow digestion, indigestion, heartburn, etc., can be easily prevented by taking simple measures in advance. And most of these simple measures do not require one to take any medications. This is a unique concept propounded by Ayurveda where “Aushadhi” or medications are always left as the last resort.Experts recommend some simple economical Ayurvedic therapies that can be done at home to prevent illnesses and problems and improve health, such as –
- Abhyanga or therapeutic Body Massage
- Shiroabhyanga or therapeutic Head Massage
- Nasya – Simple 5 minute procedure for cleansing the head ; especially recommended in Winters and season change times; Very good to improve complexion of skin
- Virechana – Purgation to remove toxins after ‘Purvakarma’
- Panchakarma – a separate section has been devoted to the fascinating and effective practice of Ayurvedic Body and Mind Detoxification